Saturday, January 30, 2016

MY FRIENDS WENT TO ANGOULÊME AND ALL I HAVE IS THIS LOUSY BLOG POST #2

The pop culture landscape has changed so dramatically that we take it in stride to see Marvel's Deadpool on the side of every bus in NYC this week.
Well, I find it hard to take in stride, because it really wasn't so long ago when only the brave opened their comic book store purchases on public transportation, let alone saw them slathered on the side of the subway like soft drink logos.
So this bus ad from last spring's adventure in Paris surprised me enough to make me want to document it with a photo:


A publisher has a lot of faith to promote a book this way. They have good reason to do so for Margaux Motin. She's an illustrator with plenty of books to her credit, including this graphic work in English, published by Self Made Hero.

Here is a scan of the inside cover. I heretically changed the contrast a tad because my scan was poor. But I wanted to show off her sketches:

She has a blog here.
She is mighty.
See for yourself.